Poor Pewds [x]
Poor Pewds [x]
TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ITALY ROME MAYOR MARINO REGISTERS 16 GAY MARRIAGES CELEBRATED ABROAD.
- Gay marriage is, as of now, illegal in Italy;
- Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino, in open opposition to the italian legislation, defiantly registered the marriage of 16 gay couples, many with children, that had been celebrated abroad. After receiving a standing ovation in the Protomoteca, he stated “This is a special day for many of you, but for me and for Rome as well. […] Laws are meant to allow the same rights to everybody […] Today we’re just registering, but we’ll go ahead. And I know, we’ll go ahead together.”
- Interior Minister Angelino Alfano harshly contested the Mayor, claiming he was basically just “signing autographs” since the italian legislation doesn’t allow gay marriages;
- Rome Prefect vowed to back the Minister’s stance, commanding Marino to stop or he would make the registrations void. Marino replied he’d defend his choice to the end;
- The Italian Bishops’ Conference (CEI) stated it was “an unacceptable presuntion” to undertake such an action during the last day of a summit on the Synod of family;
- On the stairs to the Capitol, next to those who celebrated, protestants manifested their disapproval. About 70 esponents from right wing organizations were blocked near the Capitol; the police headquarters pressed charges against the promoters of the unauthorized protest.
Leaving the bishop aside (one of the reasons why, despite being christian, I just can’t be catholic), I’d like to tell a bit more about it.
It started with an adoption recognised in Rome, quite unprecedented on itself, and which caused many reactions, including afano, who asked the commons to give him registers to stop recognition of marriage for gay, and MANY mayors immediately replied that they wouldn’t and he didn’t have the authority for it anyway, and now we have the first actual marriage recognised.
I’m really liking our mayors about now (and I quite despite alfano, but I never had any reason not to dislike him anyway).
Feelin cute with my yellow sweater and Vincent van Gogh socks…
Robert Downey Jr, ‘The Judge’ Premiere 15 October 2014
Dean’s face is the cutest that blink I’m dying
I don’t know why but I feel very proud!
A typical British.